Tuesday 13 November 2007

Blur darter!

Was leading the fasa fris session this afternoon, when the boys noticed that the gardeners were behaving rather oddly. One of them would charge full speed down the path, hit a certain point, screech to a halt, and dash back the other way. I have since made the assumption that they were daring each other to see how close they could get to the ‘thing’ (soon to be revealed) but at the time it just seemed very childish.

I immediately deduced that as I don't possess enough control of these kids to keep their attention in said circumstance, it was to my tactical advantage to shout out loudly "oh cool! Let's go see what they've found!" drop the disc and rush off. Turned out they'd disturbed a huge lizard - Tanzanian's are quite superstitious about lizards, and this fellow was likely to have had his head squished in as soon as they'd gathered up the courage to get close.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh how big?? I just went back over coffs photos and my i have zillions of lizard photos :S