Monday 19 November 2007

Mish is getting deported!

Ok not really. But I am on my way to the immigration department to put in an appeal for my working visa which they are refusing to allow for various reasons and which has thus far prevented me from getting a residential permit. So I've been here on a tourist visa, which is fine for three months... and as of today I've been here for three months. So, either they let all my paperwork go through, or else I have to leave the country and re-enter to get a new visa. Fun stuff. I don't really mind, a spontaneous trip up to Kenya or South to Malawi will be interesting, but still, it's a bit of a pain, we're talking a twenty hour round bus trip. You'll know in a day or two how it went I suppose...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sucks so much to be you right now.. hahahaa... I am laughing at the thought of your inability to be organised landing you in kenya... or should I really say - BEING DEPORTED!!! haha... maybe this time you'll learn you goose... visas do expire you know! :P

Anonymous said...

liar!! you are deported!! hope you get home... eventually... you could post yourself home!! or... make a deal sell your kidney on the black market for a visa.. i hear it can work sometimes!!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha aah you scared me with that title! I was thinking OMG what has the girl DONE!? Glad you aren't been kicked out literally though.

Unknown said...

hahaha nicole the really funny thing is that she did actually get kicked out.
ps mish dont sell your kidney over there. its bad. and ben and i already had plans to sell one of your kidneys once you got home...

Unknown said...

ps that was james

Ruwi said...

omg, ur sooo cool about it! i'd be so paranoid! ah well, if worse comes to worst, you could always hide from the govt and live with a Masai tribe, mzungu!

Anonymous said...

you could go and live in a pyramid

Anonymous said...

my my, i can't believe i wrote 'been' instead of 'being' tut tut. and i saw your status, glad you're back in tanzania. what happened!