Monday 30 July 2007

Letters of great plainess

One can deal with any amount of adversity when one has a stack of plane letters in front of them from friends back home. Thank you guys, you really made me smile. I shall include some of my favourite excerpts here, and also begin to answer the numerous questions and riddles left to me.

"I can't believe you're actually leaving. Seems like it's been all talk and hype, but no! Tomorrow you leave..."
-Cole

"And now, finally, the fateful moment has come. To think that when you told me of your plans almost a year ago, I blithely accepted them as your dreaming, assuming them never to reach fruition. To think also that I would have started this letter with a conjunction - how shocking..."
-Mike

^Those two weren't the only ones to express surprise at the realisation that I had got organised enough to leave. In fact, it was a common theme. I was surprised myself.

"Well I have spent enough time expanding that large head of yours. To compensate and assure that the plane you are on does not sink under the new weight of your ego I must move onto matters which I hope will bring you back to earth at a much gentler pace than a plane crash."
-Tom C

"Love you loads munchkin, and will miss you and your quirks immensely."

-Cole
You'll miss my quirks?! Look who's talking!

"Travel safely, but not too safely. Laugh, but not too much and cry and lament but remember we wait for one who will dry every tear."
-Dave C
Thank you Dave.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww you quoted me! And twice!