Wednesday 17 October 2007

I'm sitting next to Eliza in the computer room as the kindergartens play with the paint program. Did I mention how much I love that kid. She is so sweet, such a beautiful child. She's drawing a face, white outline on a green background with long blonde hair. She started putting blue streaks all down the girl's face. I asked why she was crying.
"She's not crying. It's just raining on her face."
The kid next to me on the other side has drawn three faces of different sizes that look remarkabley like monkeys.

Afterschool today we're going to dinner at Artemis' place. She's one of the grade 1s, their family is Greek so they've apparently been wanting to invite Zoe (and by default me) over for a while. It'll be fun, but some small part of me would rather the evening at home.

This morning I had grade 2 swimming followed immediately by the grade 4s. Both classes went really well, we're getting into a good rhythm. The kids know what to expect now, and are showing such improvement already. I am getting a ridiculous tan from all these hours in the pool. Silly really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it an outdoor pool? Ooh that would be so relaxing and beautiful.
Tut tut on the tan, you'll come back deep fried!
I love how Eliza put rain streaks on her picture's face :).