Sunday 7 October 2007

Why drive when you can walk?

I went by myself to Mbezi Chapel again this week. It's only a ten minute walk, and really a pleasant way to start off a Sunday morning. I don't think I even wrote it up properly the first time I went, (in my second week here) but the service is done entirely in Swahili and last time I understood a grand total of about three words. Well, today I could actually get complete sentences every so often, enough to vaguely follow the general idea of it. Neat!

Afterwards I went with Suzy and her dad to their place again, where Ruth had prepared lunch for us. (Zoe had gone to Vineyard today, so arrived later with Karen's family). Spent the afternoon playing with the kids and trying to windsurf. Fun stuff.

Aaah, Eliza is such a gorgeous child. She is absolutely beautiful both in character and looks. Every day at school she runs up to give me a hug. She's not demanding, just so amazingly sweet and friendly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You still aren't helping me procrastinate! Every little update helps me avoid this assessment that I need to do to get out of university...help!

-Tom

Anonymous said...

that's an absolutely gorgeous photo, and i highly suggest you use it as your profile pic on facebook.
i'm more and more envious the more i read on..