Sunday 9 September 2007

Latido

This morning we were back at Coco Beach Church, because one of the ladies there had organised a lunch afterwards for all the Hopac and IST* teachers to meet. Avril** took this opportunity to cajole me into singing as part of the worship team at the front of the congregation. The worship team being two other adults and a lady on keyboard, all likewise committed at late notice. They have trouble keeping a band or anything together because people move, people go back home, there isn't much consistency. Anyway. It was a little weird, I stopped singing when I was thirteen and since then have sung in front of people on maybe... one occasion. But it was good, I actually enjoyed it, knew all but one of the songs. And it surprised me, but somehow it was still a natural enough feeling for me, that I wasn't bothered at all about being up in front of everyone. Anyway. Wandered down onto the beach with some of the kids to keep them distracted afterwards, went for lunch... aaagh... people serve such good lunches over here.

Went home, Zoe went across to school to do her planning for the next week, I was pretty worn out, finished a book***, started another, finished that too****, got sick of reading, moped round for a bit, was going to go back to reading the last book I'd borrowed on Friday, but no electricity and it was too dark, plus I didn't want to read anymore for a bit, some of the books are quite deep and it's hard to read too many in a row, then the phone rang yay. So no more moping. Zoe got back from school a couple of hours later, so then I made dinner for us both.

Guess what we had. Stale bread with tuna and cucumber. Fantastic! This is the same stale loaf of bread I mentioned many posts ago. It has not got any fresher. However, by pretending to oneself that there is still novelty value in eating such dubious sandwhiches, it is in fact possible to finish the meal. I still find it funny, so we're all good.

Ok that's about my story for the day, more detail later. Like all the rest of these posts.

*Another school in the area
**Principal of Hopac Primary
***A Voice in the wind, Francine Rivers. Very very good, amazing depth.
****Danger in the Shadows, Dee Henderson. Ok, but not fantastic. Then again it may be getting a bad rap because I read it after A Voice in the Wind. Wow you're getting quite the regular book reviews now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm tuna and cucumber and stale bread sounds utterly delectable! I want more chicken news.
Has he settled into his new home?
What's his name?
Has he got somewhere to sleep?
Does he eat tuna and cucumber and stale bread too?
Is he actually a she?