Monday 6 August 2007

Inconceivable!

As I mentioned earlier, I flew to Ireland without any real reason for doing so. I now have a reason for flying back. In fact, I could justify coming back solely for this one thing.

We went to the cliffs of Moher.


I will give you a couple more clues.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

"Look, I don't mean to be rude but this isn't as easy as it looks, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't distract me."

"You mean, you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilised people?"

"You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha..."


If you haven't guessed by now then you haven't seen the movie. And if you haven't seen the movie then you're terribly deprived and must remedy that situation immediately! I had no idea that these cliffs were in Ireland. It was amazing, I can't describe how awesome they were. I'll put up photos, but they're not going to come close to the feeling of lying seven hundred feet up on a ledge looking out at the cliffs. It was incredible. I could have stayed there all day.


Ok ok my excitement about being on top of those cliffs rendered me unable to order this post correctly. Earlier doings...

Abbey ruins.

Don't really know enough about them to give you an interesting story.

Maybe it doesn't have an interesting story.
You're probably sick of my interesting stories by now anyway.

Fertility spring.
Drink and ye shall be... well... fertile.
Yeah.
Ireland seems to like this kind of thing.



Mike told us about the Potato famine. I shall retell it to you. At some point. I'm good at these promises hey.

3 comments:

Cath said...

PRinCeSs BriDE

YAY
Cat = 1
everyone else = 0
timill = 0 (makes up for disc golf.. kind of)

Anonymous said...

excuse me but i have no idea what movie you are quoting or what context it's in and it's relevance... meh, maybe i'm deprived :P awesome cliffs

Shelley said...

NICOLE! You are a disgrace to the name of culture! Princess Bride. Go watch it. NOW.