Thursday 16 August 2007

POXIED!

Today was another quiet day. My last one for a long time I suspect. I have no distinct memory of what I did in the morning. I think that means I did very little. After lunch I played a long awaited scrabble with Beryl and Alex and Monty the scrabble computer, and was deemed a genius by said computer for scoring 56 points for one word. Yeha! (Poxied, for those curious, and I had it on a triple word square). It plays you cool music too, when you score over 50 points. I felt special.

After lunch I continued my trend of doing very little (how pleasant) and yeah... did very little. It's funny, there were a number of families I should have spent at least a day with, considering I'm not over from Australia all that often. I mean, I spent three years of my childhood here, they haven't seen me for years. But I ended up not even telling most of them that I was in England. Although I would have loved to spend time with them, it was more important to me to enjoy my days with Beryl and Alex, and I didn't want my trip to the UK to be a tale of rushing back and forth from one place to another. Still, would have liked to catch up with Kyrie, Ben said he had a great time seeing them again, but the logistics didn't work out.

Anyway, just before dinner Peter arrived, a priest from Malawi that I was very excited to meet. The four of us sat around and chatted for quite a while about this and that, and he told me a lot about Malawi and said I'm welcome to come and visit if I do end up making my way through there. Very kind of him, and I'm really hoping I can. Especially because Timill told me that Malawi does have Ultimate league somewhere in the country (which is more than can be said for Tanzania) so I'd love to get to that! Just because I'm a lunatic. But hey, it's as good an excuse as any.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh good job on poxied!! my best is 'pencils' on a triple word score :P you get extra for using all seven letters too, so it got me 97!