Wednesday 29 August 2007

Blah.

Due to the fact that I’d stayed up until two in the morning so that my family could ring me, Zoe didn’t bother with more than the obligatory wake up at 6:30am, knowing full well I wasn’t moving for quite a bit longer. Finally dragged myself out of the house just in time to get over to school before the bell went, not that it would have really mattered me being late as I don’t take a class for roll call or anything. In my semi-conscious state I was unable to think far enough ahead to have scraped something together for lunch. Sigh.

Went straight to the Grade 4 classroom to spend some more time with the two Korean kids...

Other than that I've had a pretty low day. Just felt that way.

Oh wait, afterschool we had the first staff meeting/prayer session - we have one every Wednesday - which was great. It was a good opportunity to spend some time with teachers that we don't cross paths with during the normal school day, and to discuss problems we've been having or chat about what's been working well. Steve (Director) spoke to us about pacing ourselves and not burning out after a few months. Which I think is still relevant to Zoe and I even though we're only here for a few months. I know I'm likely to try and fill every moment of available time with something because of that very fact. The meeting was also a chance for those of us waiting for work permits to get an update on where things are at. Mine is still being held up on some technical issue. Hmmm.

Some of the parents had got together and cooked us a huge lasagne to share across the compound, which was fantastic and quite a relief to us all. It's unbelievable how supportive they are, they're really making sure we know how much they appreciate us being here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it coming mishalot. Very interesting to hear what sort of mischief you are getting up too. More background information would be appreciated, I feel like there are things about the school and the surrounds that you may have passed on to others but that I have missed out on.

My mixed team lost to Pie Wagon 12-13 on the weekend. There is still much improvement to take place.

-Tom

Anonymous said...

Haha, must agree with Tom, I'm missing some details :P

atm I am anxiously awaiting dinner, and you're making me hungry talking about lasagna girl, thanks heaps!

I will read ahead now to see how the korean kids are going and if your work permit has been passed. Promise I'll catch up soon!