Thursday 2 August 2007

Hooray for resourcefullness!

I left the curtains open so that it wouldn't be too hard for Beryl to wake me up, given that she was only getting up early for that sole purpose. Unfortunately, I have even more of an affinity for sunshine than I thought. (Which is saying something). I woke up at dawn. As in five in the morning. Slightly overkill to be honest, but somehow quite nice. I like the quiet hours.

Anyway, set off to Southhampton actually knowing which trains to get... because Alex had looked it up for me the night before. It's not worth claiming that I did any of the organising. And I still left not having any idea where on earth in Southhampton the fields actually were. Things are much more fun when you're winging it, and I figured if I had to wander into shop after shop asking if they knew where the European Ultimate Frisbee Championships were being played, then so be it. Haha.

Did I mention I had all of £7.71 on me? In the sense that I had no money for lunch. So, taking note of the example set by Piers at Halibut, I had blackberries and apples for lunch. It was great. Travelling with limited funds does greatly increase ones resourcefullness.



So, I finally made it to the fields more out of luck than anything else, (but there's nothing wrong with that), and spent a most enjoyable day following the GB women's team around. They were doing really well, were beating most teams well before they reached double figures, and I saw them quite soundly thrash the team from the Netherlands. The only bad part being that the Netherlands team had the same colour Patagonia shirts as T. Box, which coupled with the black shorts made it feel unsettlingly like I was watching us lose. Pah.

How many people do you recognise Huss?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your camera is awesome! the blackberries look deliciously sweet!