Sunday 19 August 2007

This is Africa

So, after nine years of dreaming, I'm in Africa. Really quite an unsettling feeling. I shall give you a view of the sunrise as I saw it from the plane. Didn't sleep on the flight, there was far too much to think about, so I was awake for the whole period of the sky lightening and all that cool stuff, which was nice.


Again, due to my strong dislike of preplanning, I was not particularly well prepared for arriving in Tanzania. I got stuck getting a visa because I only had pounds on me. They wanted it in US dollars. I thinks they're silly. US dollars are not the way to go right now. But of course, it is not my place to complain...

This is Dar es Salaam from the sky. Not a very good photo, but the only one I've got so It'll have to do.


2 comments:

courtney said...

pictures?

Anonymous said...

In Africa! You have no idea how jealous I am of you shell *glares*